Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chapter 6

“Strange, nasty thoughts swarm into my head. I’ve never made my sister cry before. It seems impossible. Aisha is too strong, too smart for me.” (page 52)

I thought it was cool that Nadira stood up to Aisha and talked back, giving her some of her own medicine. But when I read more, I wonder if Aisha deserved it. Aisha might not think she is being that mean to Nadira, maybe she thinks she’s being helpful. Aisha is going through the same things as Nadira. Aisha may have more friends and better grades, but at home, their situation is the same. I thought it was sad that Nadira thinks Aisha is too strong and smart for her. And it is never impossible to make someone cry. This moment was a good time to pounce because it’s what Aisha cares about the most. And she is weak right now because of all their family problems. Maybe it was a good thing for Nadira to say those bad things to Aisha, or maybe it will effect what happens in the future. Maybe the future will be good or maybe it will be bad. We will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment