Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chapter 10

“Taslima raises her cell phone as if it’s some super-bionic zap gun that can make these guys disappear. But they don’t disappear.”
I thought it was funny that Taslima uses her cell phone as a weapon. She said she could call her lawyer and they won't do anything without they're lawyer. But Uncle doesn't listen and says that it would be easier to just go. He looks all defeated like in the sentence when they take him away. I think that Uncle didn't want them to do anything to his family so he just listened to them and let them take him away.
"He dips his head as he's led out the door as if he's afraid to stand too tall."
I thought that sentence was sad. Like Uncle felt defeated even though he brought it on himself. I feel bad for Uncle. But I feel even worse for Auntie because her husband is going to be held like Abba. At the end of the chapter, Uncle is held in jail still while Auntie, Nadira, Aisha, and Taslima go home. Everyone is so tired and scared. This situation feels so real, but so hard for a family to go through. It would be hard for me to go through what they are going through. I just hope everything works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment