Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chapter 3 and 4

I picked this quote from chapter 3 to write about:

"My family lived in the part of the world where there is no difference between land and sea."
(page 19)

I'm not sure how many times something like this is said in this book, but in chapter 3 and 4, it says a lot about Nadira's family living in a place "where there is no difference between land and sea." I don't really get how you can live in a place like that. I guess if the river or lake or something always flooded, then you wouldn't know where the lake/river ended or began. I hope she explains more about why there's no difference between land and sea. I understand that it flooded, but is that why you couldn't tell the difference between land and sea? She talked a lot about her family and what the women did and what the men did. She talked a lot about the land and sea, but it wasn't clear why there was no difference. I am enjoying this book though, it's very interesting and I wonder what will happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment