Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Chapter 12

"This is the first time I've ever done this, but I put my arms around my sister. She feels as if she's all bones, and she's shaking. I don't know what to say. So we sit like that for a long, long time." (p.113)
I picked this quote because it made me think of Nadira and Aisha as actual sisters. Before they seemed so distant and apart, but at this moment, they seem like sisters. Nadira also seems like the older one because she is holding Aisha in her arms. It makes me think that it's cold outside because Aisha is shaking, but it also shows that she is scared and sad, like she's crying. I like the ending when she says they sat there for a long time, the way it says long twice makes it seem long. I like how Nadira says Aisha feels like all bones because she's so skinny and Nadira isn't that skinny, and she always brings up how fat she is, which I think is sad. At the beginning, with the first sentence, it seems awkward the way she wrote it. I think it is awkward because she never really puts her arms around her sister, which we call hugging.

No comments:

Post a Comment